"Sloppy in Singapore" by Amad

I do not believe we Singaporeans are sloppy dressers. We just choose to be comfortable. With Singapore’s weather being usually hot and humid, Singaporeans  cannot be blamed for donning singlets, shorts and slippers. Also, it all comes down to one’s own perspective on being fashionable. What we consider fashionable may be unfashionable to others and vice versa. Being a Singaporean teenager, I find  wearing singlets, bermudas and slippers fashionable. It is a trend among teenagers in Singapore. I do not see anything  wrong with dressing as such unless they are worn for formal events.

Of course, there are Singaporeans who dress inappropriately for formal events like weddings. Who does not? The same can be said of people in other countries as well. In my opinion, everyone should dress appropriately for formal events to show respect for the host. I have seen many who wear casually to weddings, be it youngsters or adults. It would be shameful (and embarrassing) to wear casual clothing like singlets, shorts and even slippers. I feel it is a disgrace to not only the host but also to one’s self.

I believe everyone has a right to wear what they want as long as they wear what is suitable for the occasion.

Post a Comment