"New York Legalises Same-sex Marriage" by Amad

Homosexuality is becoming a common thing nowadays. I am not surprised when I read this article. More states in USA are legalising same-sex marriages, or gay marriages, and this shows that many are starting to approve of it.

Personally, I do not object to the legalisation of gay marriages. Undoubtedly, homosexuality has caused a lot of furore all over the world mainly because most religions forbid it. Another reason is the health risks that homosexuality brings, especially through promiscuity.

“It Gets Better” is a project founded in 2010 in response to the suicides of gay teenagers who were bullied by their peers for being gay. This project, in my opinion, made people understand more about the gay community. I was really moved when I read about the suicides of gay teenagers and so I am in support of this project. I believe everyone has the right to choose his or her sexual orientation as long it makes them happy.

Many celebrities have come clean about being gay. Adam Lambert, Neil Patrick Harris, Ellen DeGeneres, and the late Freddie Mercury are just some of the names. Perhaps, celebrities like them are the inspiration for gays all over the world to not hide and just be themselves.


Post a Comment