Are Singaporean Youths Politically Apathetic by Amanda

I do not agree with the article. I feel that youth do care about politics. The general election was quite significant to me. I was watching the GE election programmes throughout the week as it was rather exciting as to see who is going to rule the government. It affects us positively because it actually got us to start thinking which party is more capable in leading our country. Sometimes while we are having lunch together, the GE topic will pop out and we will start to talk about it and share our own opinions with each other.
I do not feel that it should be lowered because of our age (17), we have a certain level of maturity, and this level of maturity may not be sufficient for us to make the right choice which could lead to horrible consequences. At the age of 21, majority of us would already be able to think logically and rationally. The GE impacted me in a way that it got me to start thinking what has the current government done for us throughout the years and also made me more aware of what is happening within the country. I believe that it has not only impacted me but also other young people of similar age range as it became the trending topic on Facebook and twitter as well as other social networking sites.
They can spread political awareness through social networking sites as that is where most young people are. Through this, it will start to get the young people to think and share their opinions

Post a Comment